If you have crashes or expectations with your game, please make sure to include the following info to help us better understand the issue:
* The output of your console with exception.
* Your code and/or a small test snippet that can reproduce the problem.
* If it's a JVM crash, please include jvm crash log.
In additional the following might be relevant/helpful:
* Slick and LWJGL version (note: both of these are INFO messages to console on startup)Performance Issues
* Operating system (also please indicate if it's 32 or 64 bit)
* any data files if applicable (ie. include images if you are having crashes with Image functions)
* Please include "additional information" from above.java.lang.OutOfMemoryErrorPerformance Tweaks
* Also it would be best to profile your application first to try and determine that exactly is slow. jvisualvm comes with the standard Oracle Java SDK and provides a lot of good information.
* The java runtime can also be set (via command line arguments) to display GC Information (look at Debug section) to determine if it's GC issues. Article on GC Tuning if that's the case.
* Also please make sure your Graphic Drivers are up to date: ATI and Nvidia
You should try profiling first before tweaking options (see above).